The Obama Administration has one thing it can do better than the Bush Administration, and that is cause U.S. troops deployed in Afghanistan to die in record numbers, in fact nearly 3 to 1 casualties have been under the Obama Administration, and rules directly handed down from the Obama Administration are to blame for the surge in causalities.
Tony Lee over at BreitBart wrote
Under former President George W. Bush, 575 American soldiers died and fewer than 3,000 were wounded in Afghanistan. This means under Obama, at least 1,405 soldiers have died and nearly 15,000 additional soldiers have been wounded, which means 70% of the deaths and nearly 80% of the injuries in Afghanistan have occurred under Obama’s watch.
Only the President is to blame, as policy changes enacted in 2009 which include of of the most tactically flawed and ludicrous constraints on American Military personnel. While the actual rules of engagement are supposedly top secret classified material in which only every solider deployed can know, it is reported to be something like the what we have listed below.
Just some of the Battle Field constraints U.S. Troops are faced with
- No night or surprise searches
- Villagers are to be warned prior to searches
- U.S. soldiers may not fire at insurgents unless they are preparing to fire first
- Afghan National Army, or ANA, or Afghan National Police, or ANP, must accompany U.S. units on searches
- U.S. forces cannot engage insurgents if civilians are present
- U.S. forces can not fire upon targets on religious grounds
- U.S. forces can not fire upon targets if they appear to be running away
- U.S. forces may not use explosives or other Area of Effect weapons if they can not clearly see the targets or if there is any reason to believe that Area of Effect weapon may strike a civilian
- U.S. forces may not search religious structures, or perform any operations upon religious ground
- U.S. forces must clearly give insurgents 5 seconds to surrender or run away before engaging them
- U.S. forces must provide medical aid to wounded insurgents
- U.S. forces are not to shoot to kill, but only to wound when ever possible
- U.S. forces are to shoot any insurgents in the backs with giving prior attempt to arrest insurgents
- Only women can search women
Given the illogical and blatantly moronic constraints its no wonder the death tool and number of wounded in Afghanistan is rising at exponential levels. The Obama Administration is repeating the highly unpopular Vietnam war
Where is the Main Stream Media? CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS? All remarkably silent