Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, the software giants solution to web browsing has a default limit of maxium downloads at one time to six. This can be
changed to a far higher number by a small registery tweak. Here is how
1. Right-click the desktop, choose New and select Text Document
2. Copy and paste the following into the new text document:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER] “iexplore.exe”=dword:00000010
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER] “iexplore.exe”=dword:0000000a
3. Save the document as MaxCon.reg
4. Double-click the new file to merge it into the Registry.
5. Continue through the UAC prompt and confirm that you wish to perform the action.
6. Reboot you computer