So you want to shed unwanted weight, boost your metablolism, not feel like you’re going to have a heart attack running ten feet, then here is how to get started.
There is no real secret to weight loss, dispite your genetic make up which only controls 5 percent of who you are, its all about intake versus out take. The more you eat, and the less healthy it is, and less you do, the more weight you will pack on, and sooner or later you will look like a ballon with feet.
Before you get started and think, oh crap, I am going to eat rabbit food and never pick up a double cheeseburger again, You should discount any medical issues you might have. Maybe you have over the years used the excuse, Oh well its Genetic, or “i was born this way” well, okay, but still if you are looking to lose weight maybe there really is a medical problem that hasn’t been addressed.
- Before you start any diet or exercise program, Go see a doctor, get a medical check up.
- Move more, eat less. Simply put, walk more, get up and away from the desk job. Park your car at the far end of the parking lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Work out, no real big secret here! Just 20 minutes three times a week can have a significant impact on your metabolism. Just 3 minutes of moderate intensity working out with 30 seconds of all-out effort can burn an additional 100-200 calories this way.
- Build some muscles: Five to ten pounds of lean muscle mass will significantly increase your metabolism
- Eat right. While pizza or the latest double cheeseburger sounds great, you know its bad for you. Salads, vegetables, high fiber foods, eggs or other healthy proteins. Fiber is key here, as it will make you feel fuller, longer and is a non-digestible carbohydrate
- Eat every couple of hours: While this may seem counter intuitive, the human body is in a constant state of storing energy and hoping you find the next meal soon. Skipping breakfast only to wolf down a snickers bar and wash it down with a cherry pop, and then eight hours later to pig out and eat a triple cheeseburger with a large fry tells your body that you are in survival mode, and as such it stores fat. Eating small portions every couple of hours boosts your metabolism.
- Fish or Fish Oil: Eating fish rich in Omega-3 such as Salmon, or taking at least 300 milligrams of EPA and DHA fish oil capsules can help you shed an extra 300-500 calories per day.